Team Members must experience an unavoidable catastrophic event/emergency that is:
- Identifiable: the event or hardship must be described in detail in the application.
- Damaging to property/person: a loss of life, health or property;
- Sudden: the event or hardship must be swift and precipitous, not gradual or progressive
- Unexpected: the event or hardship must be unanticipated, unforeseen, unintended or unplanned, an ordinary, anticipated event caused by deliberate intent will not qualify; and
- Unusual: the event or hardship must be noticeably different from what is generally found or experienced, it cannot normally occur in the ordinary course of day-to-day living.
- If the team member is insured, insurance benefits should either be unavailable or inadequate.
Examples of Qualifying Events:
- Unusual medical/dental expenses caused by a severe illness/ accident (including travel expenses);
- Property casualty loss of home or contents due to a catastrophic event (e.g. fire, crime or flood) that is not covered by insurance;
- Unusual expense for the care and training of a handicapped dependent;
- Insurmountable indebtedness occurring for reasons beyond the individual’s control;
- Expenses due to the death of a Noodles team member or a member of a Noodles team member’s immediate family (defined as spouse, domestic partner, child; or a relative that the team member provided more than half of their financial support and vice versa;)
- Emergency housing expenses to prevent or immediately following eviction.
- Expenses due to unforeseen loss or damage to mode of transportation that prevents Noodles team member from working (e.g. fire, accident, theft or need for unanticipated repairs).
- Lack the necessities of life, including financial, physical, mental or emotional well-being, as a result of the catastrophic event or emergency hardship described above.
For more information, visit our Foundation page.